Made a trade off with the hubby - he took me out to eat and I made him cookies! I’d rather make cookies than anything else in the world! He couldn’t decide between chocolate chip or oatmeal so he got cowboy cookies.
I could practice making potato leek soup - one of my exam dishes - or make vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Yeah I went with the cookies!!!
My new favorite cookie! Chocolate chip oatmeal made with walnut butter instead of oil. 5pts per cookie and worth every damn pt!!
I like when “Healthy” and “Cookie” are used in one description! lol
Chris asked me to come up with an “origonal” Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that they might use for an ap at work… here’s what I came up with… pretty darn good too!!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 cup (2 sticks) Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
1 cup firmly pressed light brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 TBS Ground Flaxseed mixed with 3 TBS water
1 ½ ts vanilla extract
½ ts almond extract
1 ts baking soda
1 ts salt
1 cup Quinoa Flour
1 ½ cup White whole wheat flour
12 oz vegan Chocolate Chips
Oven 375 - bake 10-12 minutes makes approx 36 cookies
- In a food processor or with a blender mix ground flax seed and water until mixed well and set aside.
- Beat earth balance and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla, almond extract and flax seed mixture and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and then add to sugar mixture & mix well.
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonfuls onto pan and bake 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Let set for 1-2 minutes on pan before moving to wire rack to cool.